Yes On 1631 Get Out The Vote Organizer
Washington State clean air campaign seeks Get Out The Vote Organizers in Seattle, Washington.
Successful candidates will have excellent personal organization, be goal driven self-starters, and able to both work in a team and motivate large teams of volunteers.
Clean Air, Clean Energy
Clean Air, Clean Energy is a broad coalition of organizations, unions, businesses, tribal nations, and funders committed building Washington’s economy, improving the health of our residents and leading the fight against climate change. Members include Community to Community, United Food and Commercial Workers Union Local 21, Washington Conservation Voters, The
Nature Conservancy, Washington Federation of State Employees, One America, Climate Solutions, The Tulalip Tribes, American Federation of Teachers Washington, Puget Sound Sage, Got Green and many more.
The coalition is the primary entity sponsoring Initiative 1631 – a ballot measure investing hundreds of millions of dollars into cleaning our air, tackling climate change, and holding corporate polluters accountable with a fee on their climate pollution.
Organizers will be responsible for leading local teams of volunteers in Get Out The Vote (GOTV) activities like canvassing, phonebanking and peer to peer outreach. This position will involve campaign hours with frequent evenings and weekends. Responsibilities include:
- Support volunteer leaders, called ‘climate justice stewards’, to lead canvasses and phonebanks and generate hundreds of thousands of voter contacts in a targeted region of Washington State
- Drive volunteer recruitment through regular calling, phonebanks and using other recruitment tools like peer to peer texting software and event recruitment
- Drive volunteer adoption of friend to friend outreach tools like VoterCircle
- Ensure volunteers report results of canvasses and phonebanks nightly, and turn in data to be processed in a timely fashion
- Lead public events like presentations, campaign kickoffs and volunteer trainings
- Maintain relationships with local partner organizations and develop strategies to grow the campaign’s volunteer base
- Implement other tactics as directed by campaign leadership
- Excellent personal organization
- Some experience with issue or electoral organizing
- Familiarity with Voter Activation Network (VAN)
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-past campaign environment
- Strong passion for climate justice, equity and environmental issues and Comprehensive understanding of the interrelated issues of racial and environmental justice
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume, a cover letter outlining relevant experience and qualifications, and three references. Email application to Sophia@yeson1631.org. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis.
This is a temporary position that starts on October 2nd and runs through November 7th 2018. Salary is $750/week. Benefits include a transit pass, mileage and phone reimbursement.
Clean Air, Clean Energy is an equal opportunity organization. We are committed to hiring and advancing personnel with an explicit regard to advance women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and other people from traditionally underrepresented communities.