About Yes on 1631
Yes on 1631 is a statewide ballot initiative in Washington to invest in clean energy, clean air, and healthy communities by putting a fee directly on the largest polluters in the state. Yes on 1631 is supported by a broad, statewide coalition representing working families, communities of color, environmental and clean energy advocates, health professionals, businesses, faith organizations, and tribal nations across the state.
The Field Internship
The Field Interns will play a key role in organizing communities and building power to help put clean energy on the ballot and pass groundbreaking climate legislation here in Washington State. We’re looking for interns who will work hard, are quick on their feet, and are excited about passing groundbreaking equitable climate change legislation.
Responsibilities – The Field Intern will recruit, train and mobilize volunteers by
- Running weekly phonebanks to generate hundreds of voter contacts
- Sending out weekly canvasses to talk with communities about our initiative
- Managing distributed peer to peer voter contact tools
- Conduct skills trainings with volunteers
- Interest in community and electoral organizing tactics
- Interest in data-driven, goal oriented campaigning and use of online voter databases
- Highly responsible, professional and organizational skills
- Comprehensive understanding of the interrelated issues of racial and environmental justice
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-past campaign environment
- Have a “Si Se Puede” attitude and a commitment to changing the world
Benefits and Details
- Learning about progressive political campaign work, community organizing, relationship building, leadership development and database management
- Hours: 20 hours per week
- Salary: $15/hr
- Orca Card (with unlimited transit ride access)
Preferred schedule: Flexible and willing to work weekends and evenings
To Apply: Send an email to Izzy@yeson1631.org with the subject line “Field Internship Description” including a cover letter and resume.