Yes on 1631 is mounting an ambitious statewide ballot initiative to invest in clean energy like wind and solar, healthy forests, and clean water with a pollution fee paid by the state’s largest corporate polluters. When we are successful in November, this will be an unprecedented step toward protecting our communities’ health, creating thousands of local jobs in communities across the state while cutting pollution, and investing in clean energy infrastructure, healthy forests, and clean air and water.
Deputy Communications Director
Yes on 1631 is looking for a hardworking, passionate, organized, creative, and experienced communications professional to assist our campaign’s communications team. Candidates will be able to take direction as well as be able work projects independently. They will have some campaign experience and/or 1-2 years of direct communications experience. Ideal candidates will be passionate about our campaign and should have some knowledge of equivalent local and national issues and campaigns.
The Deputy Communications Director will report to the Communications Director and will work closely with campaign stakeholders and our coalition of partners representing working families, communities of color, environmental and clean energy advocates, health professionals, businesses, and faith organizations.
TO APPLY: Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates are encouraged to apply by July 3rd and will be considered as materials are submitted. The position will remain open until filled.
Location: Seattle, WA
Salary and Benefits: The salary is $3,500-4,000 per month depending on experience. Benefits include healthcare, mileage reimbursement and paid sick and safe time.
Term of Service: This position is term limited through the end of November following the general election and will require significant evening and weekend work time and statewide travel will be required.
- Edit and keep core campaign literature updated
- Assist with and organize outreach events and ability to travel across the state
- Help coordinate media events and campaign rallies
- Draft statements and releases as well as website content
- Lead development of campaign materials as needed
- Manage social media calendar and posting as necessary
- Coordinate media contacts and assist with press outreach
- Train and hone campaign message with key partners
- Assist Communications Director as needed
- Some (1-2 years) experience working on state campaigns or equivalent communications experience
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to think on your feet and anticipate tasks
- Team player, experience working in high pressure situations with a broad based group
- Organized skilled planner
- Ability to carry multiple long and short term tasks simultaneously
- Passion for our campaign that will require late and weekend hours
- Time spent balancing multiple stakeholders at the same time
- Email list management experience
- Experience with WordPress and website management
- Knowledge of local press and media
- Knowledge of CRM and digital communications tools